Books and Videos on Transcendental Meditation
Here you can find all the books and videos that talk about — or have been inspired by — the Transcendental Meditation technique. They range from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s classic text, The Science of Being and Art of Living (1963) to all the latest video clips and interviews with present day TM practitioners and teachers.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was the man who made the TM practice popular all over the globe. So for starters, here is a video where Maharishi uses simple yet profound words to answer the question:
“What is Transcendental Meditation, and how does it work?”
A collection of materials: Reviews of best books & videos on the TM technique
As with scientific research on the TM technique, there is also no shortage of books and videos about what it means to ‘dive effortlessly within’.
In this section of the website, you will find pointers to some of the very best of these works on Transcendental Meditation. We have tried to preserve the variety and endless creativity embodied by the authors.
From Maharishi’s poetic and philosophical commentaries on the “Bagavad Gita” to Dr. Norman Rosenthal’s hugely readable modern scientific narrative, “Transcendence”; from touchingly honest first-hand video testimonials by college students, police officers, artists and refugees to the latest documentary on his global journey of peace by David Lynch — here to your left is simply a treasure trove of books and videos.
So where to start your investigations?
Here are some helpful pointers:
- Watch an excellent introductory video by meditation teacher Bob Roth: “What is the TM technique?”
- Take a look at the ten greatest books on Transcendental Meditation
- Peek into the engine room behind TM’s resurgence in the U.S.: “Lives touched by the David Lynch Foundation”
- Read a review of David Lynch’s ‘cook book’ of creativity and meditation, Catching the Big Fish
- See and hear the beautiful inner radiance of one of the first Western meditation teachers, Prudence Farrow Bruns
- Or learn why your brain is more like a river than a rock!
Also, don’t forget that this is just one section of our website: from the menu bar on top of each page, you can navigate to other categories. Besides BOOKS&VIDEOS you will find some incredible life stories and inspiring experiences of TM practitioners in the section PEOPLE; all the latest scientific research on meditation, plus testimonials and practical tips for happy living in the section BENEFITS; and everything else — stories from the world media, funny quotes, revelationary pieces from the history of meditation, etc — in the section GOOD STUFF.