Educator: 10 things about TM
March 19, 2013
Ten things about Transcendental Meditation (TM) in my life as an educator….
1. I learned Transcendental Meditation in 1996.
2. Before that I tried other types of meditation classes, videos, self-teaching.
3. I try to be consistent – I am not always.
4. My stress level is significantly reduced when I am meditating regularly.
5. I am more optimistic when I am meditating regularly.
6. My creativity improves when I meditate regularly.
7. I wish this was a practice we could/would teach in schools because students would benefit greatly.
8. Twice a day is the recommended practice plan.
9. I can usually make morning meditation happen… evening is the struggle.
10. If I meditate first – everything after that is easier and better.
— Beth Novick
Beth Novick is National Board certified teacher. She is currently working as a Gifted Coordinator at a middle school in an urban school district outside of Washington, DC. This post was first published her blog Teachroom15.